Everything you want to know about your assets
Often times when ordering a spare part or rebuild kit, the vendor will need to know specific information about the equipment. There are many ways to store this data within the asset record in Mainsaver rather than climbing up 3 stories in -3° F weather to view the nameplate data.
Adding details to Equipment and Vehicle Type Assets:
- Detail tab – For vehicle asset types there are fields for basic vehicle information.
- Reliability Tab – Provides key make and model information as well as dates related to the asset. Make and model is a requirement for building spare parts lists as Mainsaver links spares to the make and model and not the asset number.
- References Tab – Mainsaver can store links to any type of file such as photographs, schematics, lock out tag outs or bill of material documents. These may be carried to and printed with work orders.
- Picture Tab – (Version 12.5.200) Available on the asset and parts records, provides a dedicated tab for a link to a photo of the item and will display automatically when the user clicks on this tab.
- Specifications Tab – Allows entry of unlimited number of asset characteristics. The list of units of measure is maintained in System Administration under Settings, Units of Measure, Master List, ‘Ratings on an Asset’.
Benefit:Having detailed Asset data will simplify ordering of parts as well as facilitating repairs and tracking usage.
Mainsaver offered a variety of CMMS solutions that matched the way our business works. They provided customizable solutions and integration options that effectively manage our maintenance requirements and save us quite a bit of money in the process.