Material Units of Measure
In many situations, a part is purchased in a multiple package but used one at a time. Mainsaver has the ability to issue parts in one unit of measure and receive that part in a different unit. For example, chain may be issued by the FOOT and received in a ROLL50 meaning Roll of 50 Feet. If the Roll costs $75, Mainsaver will use the conversion factor enter by the user, in this case 50 FEET per ROLL50, to determine that the cost per foot is $1.50.
1. Open the System Administration Module. Settings, Units of Measure, Master List.
2. There are many units of measures used in different areas of Mainsaver. We will focus on MATERIAL in this document. Press ‘Add’ button to enter a new Unit of Measure. When specifying a unit containing multiple pieces, be specific such as BOX12, ROLL50 or PACK2. Unit of Measure is 8 characters.
3. Press ‘Save/Exit’ when complete.
4. To setup the conversion factor go to Settings, Units of Measure, Conversions.
5. Press the ‘Retrieve’ button to see the existing conversion factors. It is easy to read them left to right, for example there are 12 inches in a foot.
6. Click Add’ to enter a new conversion factor. “From UOM’ and ‘To UOM’ must already exist. Press ‘Save/Exit’ when complete.
7. Once this is setup, the new Unit of Measure may be used in the Parts Master record.
On the Supplier Tab, items should be priced based on the Receive Unit of Measure for the supplier.
AVOID USING GENERIC UNITS OF MEASURE SUCH AS ‘BOX’ AS THE CONVERSION FACTOR IS AMBIGUOUS.
This capability will help when the supplier provides discounts for specific lot sizes when ordering inventory.
Mainsaver offered a variety of CMMS solutions that matched the way our business works. They provided customizable solutions and integration options that effectively manage our maintenance requirements and save us quite a bit of money in the process.